2013 LODLAM Challenge
Creating demonstrable use cases that leverage Linked Open Data in libraries, archives and museums.
The LODLAM Challenge will highlight data visualizations, tools, mashups, meshups, and all types of use cases for Linked Open Data in libraries, archives, and museums. Teams will register to submit in one and/or two heats during the fall and the spring.
- can be private/public partnerships, academic teams, individuals, private companies, non-profits, just about anyone.
- can be prototypes, mockups, design specs, working models
- can be tools or processes for a broad GLAM community
- can innovative ideas that will advance the entire community
- must have a clearly articulated project goal
- must utilize open data sets
- must include a statement about how it’s distributed, what is the IP and how is it held (does not have to be open)
- will be judged partially on how well the idea is pitched and visualized, just like in kickstarter: idea + marketing, ie. points for style
- must clearly describe the problem you’re trying to solve
- must answer the question: if you win, what is your next step?
Submissions Require: video presentation (no longer than 5 min), title, short description (50 word limit). Optional:long description of any length (can include images, photos, mockups, etc), FAQ section.
- Fall heat: Opens September 1, 2012, closes Dec 1. 2012. 3 finalists will be selected from this heat, no later than December 20, 2012.
- Spring heat: Opens February 1, 2013, closes May 1, 2013. 2 finalists will be selected from this heat, no later than May 15.
- You may choose to enter both heats.
- Finalists will receive up to 2 delegate seats at the Summit and $2,000USD in travel stipends.
- The five finalists will have five minutes each to pitch their idea in a lightning round at the Summit, and to a panel of judges will choose one winning team, who will be awarded $2,000USD.
Entering your team
In order to enter your team, please fill out this form, which requires pretty basic information. Teams will be featured on the Challenge section of this website.
Can I enter more than one project? Yes you can.
If you have any questions, please email Jon Voss, Chair of the LODLAM Summit Organizing Committee.